Monday, February 21, 2011

Yarn Review: Noro Cash Iroha



One thing I must say about Noro yarn, you cannot beat the color! Their yarn is always so vivid and lush! It's an eye catcher and for good reason! I just can't help myself I have to buy at least one skein! I purchased two skeins of Noro Cash Iroha at only 99 yards per-skein. (holy crap! not much right!?) Despite that, I had a very fun time knitting with it. It's not to thin, it's about as thick as sport yarn. Very soft to the touch. The only problem I came across while knitting with this yarn happened during my bind off. In addition to my hat below I made a pair of gloves. I used Elizabeth Zimmerman’s sewn bind off. This yarn does not appreciate any kind of tensioned pulling or constant use in the same place. The yarn broke every easily before I could get to end of my work. I tried a blunt needle as well as using my knitting needles while binding off and had the same outcome. While I love the color, I'm not sure I'd re-purchase this particular type of yarn.



Robin's Egg Hat on Ravelry. I cannot believe it knitted up on only one of my Noro skeins! I love this hat. Very easy pattern to knit and it knits up quick! This Noro yarn is a bit itchy though. The button came out of a vintage jar of buttons that was started by my great grandmother. I hoped it came off one of my grandfathers uniforms...unfortunately that wasn't the case.

No comments: