Friday, January 21, 2011

Yarn Review: Noro Yuzen


I bought two skeins of Noro Yuzen at a yarn specialty shop. So far, this yarn has been a pleasure to work with. This yarn is semi-soft to the touch. It doesn't feel acrylicy at all making it ideal for hats, scarves, gloves, etc. I would not recommend this yarn for Amigurumi. The yarn weight varies quite often and it goes through spurts of very thick yarn and then very thin....with knitting the variation isn't that noticeable. I've heard people complain about knotting, but I have yet to encounter this problem. I also have only used Noro Yuzen. I have yet to test out other Noro yarns like the popular Silk Garden. Eventually though ;D

I love watching the color variations when using this yarn. You almost don't notice it happening until you see the results. I can't wait to finish this project! At first glance from the way the skein is packaged, you can't really tell just how beautifully it actually knits. I would buy more of this yarn! If theres no specialty yarn shop near you, you can order this yarn online. You can see some of the color variations here! But if your interested, order soon. I recently noticed that this yarn has been discontinued!

No comments: